Two Years, 3 Missions

Two Years, 3 Missions

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Week #101

October 18th, 2014

I was going to write about my week and the truth is that in these days I have been having a really hard time on my mission!! My companion and I don't talk at all unless it is related to work, he has no interest in talking to me, so that makes it really hard for me.  I have been with him for 6 months now too.  I know I am doing what the Lord commanded though and that is what keeps me going strong! I am working my hardest and doing my best!!! Tomorrow I will know where my last sector will be (stay here or be changed) because it is my last change before I go home in 6 WEEKS! That's crazy.  I am sooo excited, but also bummed to lose my nametag.  
Also, out of all of the days I wanted some time to write today the President did an inspection of our house and it took away a lot of our writing time, so now I only have about 10 minutes to write.  Oh well, I will write more next week!!! 


I got some letters in the mail this week and here are a couple parts: 


Good Morning! I am starting to actually feel like I have a long time in the mission.  Everyone is asking me how much time I have and in the mission we have a rule that you can only say “a little more/less than a year.”  So I always say “a little more than a year,” then my companion says 22 months and everyone goes crazy saying how little time I have left to serve.  The truth is that I really want to go home to see you and be a cowboy again and stuff but the funny thing is that even though I want that, everytime I imagine not having a nametag I start to cry.  I know that the name tag has no power or anything like that, but it is something pretty amazing to have the name of the savior of the world and all mankind stuck to your chest, knowing that you represent him.  But at the same time I plan on still serving when I get home and doing missions later in life too.  I know you can still help people come to Christ all the time, even without a nametag.  Sorry the missionary part of me had to come out in that paragraph!! (: 

9-14-14 Week:
Sunday: We had a normal Sunday at church then after church we went to the President’s house for dinner and then were there until 11:45 calling out changes and then the President wanted to say Goodbye to Elder Hess who was leaving the offices to work in another sector after serving in the offices for 8 months.  When the President came to our house he was shocked to see how messy it was he said and he had to give us a talk.  I am not the cleanest, but the kitchen which is my part wasn’t THAT bad so I didn’t feel too bad (:

Monday: Well it started out normal but at night we had the going away dinner.  There were 6 that went home which was kind of sad because one is an ex assistant who was super good.  We always serve the food to those wo leave which I always like to do.  That finished at about 10:00 and then at about 1 in the morning the bus came to pick them up. 

Tuesday: At 7:30 we were in the hosue of the President to go to the airport to pick up the new missionaries.  There were 23 of them, which is a TON! 10 of them were from the states!


Haha looks like I didn’t finish writing about my week, sorry.